Saturday, January 30, 2016
“Owlers Wood” is one of my favourite longform ambient electronic pieces from Cousin Silas. It was released on the now sadly defunct netlabel Unsheep and has been unfairly languishing in obscurity until now … both Cousin Silas and I have fond memories of the piece and neither of us wanted to see the piece disappear so the decision was taken to re-release it on weareallghosts.
It is an amazing piece, almost 80 minutes in length yet totally engaging. It is delicate and thoughtful, reminiscent (to me at least) of Brian Eno’s "Apollo: Atmospheres and Soundtracks"; with sparing use of guitar and other miscellaneous flourishes.
As before … a 320kbps version of this release will be available to download over on Archive for free with a lossless version available on Bandcamp for ‘pay what you want’ which does include ‘free’. If you decide to download this album here for free, and you can with our best wishes, then all we ask is that you please tell people about it.
“Owlers Wood” will also be available on Soundcloud, if you wish to stream it there.
Saturday, January 9, 2016
I am not alone in my appreciation of Cousin Silas’ music, he makes music that people want in their lives. This fact doesn’t surprise me when I consider some of his lighter moments with their beats, literary samples and general sense of fun; but I do get surprised at the fact so many people have taken to his dronescapes. These post-60 minute epics are an acquired taste and yet they are, by far, the most popular series that weareallghosts has put out. Not only do they keep the lights on, so to speak, and allow us to keep offering most of the music for free / pay what you want … they also keep the passion hot. I genuinely look forward to each and everyone, and after thirty pieces plus an album of edited drones, I have yet to see feel the anticipation wane. The thirtieth sonic adventure is no exception: it is expansive, engaging, and deeply entertaining to a longform fan like me.
As with our compilation and at the behest of Cousin Silas himself, there will be a small charge for the thirtieth dronescape during the month of January. All proceeds will be donated to HOSPICE UK, a charity based in the UK that supports the development of hospice care in the UK and internationally.
weareallghosts is my main side-project and something I do for the love of it. My main employment is as a Business Analyst in Glasgow, Scotland; my employer actively and generously supports HOSPICE UK and doubles any donation made by her staff - by paying for this dronescape we will hopefully be able to raise some more money for a really great cause and give a little good back into the world.
The album will not be available on Archive or on Soundcloud.
My sincere thanks to Cousin Silas for making music people want in their lives and for suggesting we raise a wee bit more for HOSPICE UK with his thirtieth dronescape.
Saturday, January 2, 2016
LOOKING BACK moving forward VOL.001 features new music from Cousin Silas, Kevin Lyons, David Gerard, and Brother Saturn; tracks that will either appear on new releases in 2016 or are exclusive to this compilation.
As with last year’s compilation, there will be a small charge for the music featured during the month of January. All proceeds will be donated to HOSPICE UK, a charity based in the UK that supports the development of hospice care in the UK and internationally.
weareallghosts is my main side-project and something I do for the love of it. My main employment is as a Senior Business Analyst in Glasgow, Scotland; my employer actively and generously supports HOSPICE UK and doubles any donation made by her staff - by paying for this album (22p per track) we will hopefully be able to raise some money for a really great cause and give a little good back into the world.
The album will not be available on Archive although you will be able to stream it on Soundcloud.
My sincere thanks to everyone who released their music on weareallghosts in 2015 … and to Cousin Silas and Kevin Lyons for helping me choose the tracks featured.
Here’s to 2016 … we will feature some new names along with all the old favourites this year. I hope you enjoy what’s to come as much as I do!
01. Cousin Silas - Berlin Evenings (edit) 06:11
02. Cousin Silas - Dronescape 028 edit with guitar 20:16
03. David Gerard - Hypnotique 18:14
04. Symatic Star & String Theories - Compressionism (Symatic Star & Stephen Briggs) 11:32
05. Cousin Silas & Kevin Lyons - The Desolation 11:14
06. Kevin Lyons - Learning to Let Go 07:24
07. Cousin Silas - Dronescape 002 edit with guitar 04:28
08. Symatic Star & String Theories - Yearning (Symatic Star & Cousin Silas) 09:19
09. Brother Saturn - Beacons 14:14
10. Cousin Silas - Returning to Dust (January 1974) 07:13
11. Matthew VandeBrook - Metempsychosis 04:20
12. Cousin Silas - Tim Jones - Kevin Lyons - Narcoleptic Summer 05:24
13. Cousin Silas - Dronescape 030 edit with guitar 11:26
14. Cousin Silas - Further East 07:22
15. Brother Saturn - Snowdrift 04:14
16. Scott Lawlor and The Gateless Gate - Lemurian Shores- (a) Pleasure Garden (b) Temple 16:08
17. Cousin Silas & Kevin Lyons - The Backstreets Of Marsport Ain’t No Place For Tourists 04:56
18. Kevin Lyons - Dark Flow 05:16
19. Cousin Silas & David Gerard - Bagatelle for Harp and Orchestra 03:54
20. Brother Saturn - I’ve Never Felt This Way Before 06:41
21. Cousin Silas - Tim Jones - Kevin Lyons - Radio Dunwich 07:22
22. Cousin Silas - The Other Jezebel 04:09
23. Cousin Silas - Old Tin Hat 04:39
a bonus track from Gurdonark: "Constellation Blackbird"