A luminous concept, warmer than my previous ambient compositions, I wish to evoke a sense of space travel, transcendental meditation, and spatial imagery.
I was heavily influenced by these fine releases:
- William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops
- Miles Davis - In A Silent Way
- Ebauche - Adrift
- Pink Floyd - BBC Archives 1974 (Dark Side of The Moon live SBD)
"Letting the last breath come.
Letting the last breath go.
Dissolving, dissolving into vast space,
the light body released from its heavier form.
A sense of connectedness with all that is,
all sense of separation dissolved
in the vastness of being.
Each breath melting into space
as though it were the last."
Massive thanks to:
- Alex Leonard and Donn Maguire for their constant encouragement, and without their generous contributions of hardware creating these compositions would not have been possible.
- Dina Chhan for reinforcing my resolve.
- Hal FX for his continued support and inspiration.
- Donard McCabe for his everlasting friendship.
- Thomas Mathie for his enthusiasm, energy, and releasing my creations on WAAG.
I am delighted to welcome Warren Daly to the waag family, someone who knows his ambient electronic music. Daly's own label - Invisible Agent - was one of the inspirations when starting waag and his ongoing encouragement has really buoyed me through some tough times.
This four-track EP is an utter delight: it features two more melodic tracks and two more atmospheric tracks that all work together to make something beautiful.
- Download includes the video for Spiralling Continuum (in .mov format).
- This EP will not be uploaded to Archive.